IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 6, 2010 12:38 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 565719)
Yep!

"You have me for "The Moment"--the stool--;):)

ovenbird July 6, 2010 12:52 PM

Really nice looking walking stick. Mook got skills! But I like my Leki spring action walking poles.

Mook July 6, 2010 08:59 PM

Ax,the wife and I finished the walking stick...we hope you like it.I need your mailing address so we can get in the mail.You can send it to me in an email if you want at [email]mikewt58@yahoo.com. Consider it a gift from the wife and I for serving and keeping the freedom that we all share in this great country we call the U.S.A.Thank you,Mike and Sheila.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/028-2.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/029-2.jpg

Ajla July 7, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 565859)
"You have me for "The Moment"--the stool--;):)

Not that stool! The one in the right bottom corner! To keep your feet warm!

axhandle July 7, 2010 09:22 AM

Mook,
Am lost for words except --'indebted to 'E.
Will go on all of my Walkabouts with me, and already have a couple names --Little John or Friar Tuck--

E-mail out today---

Thanks Loads--and I always return favors---Ax.

axhandle July 7, 2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 566444)
Not that stool! The one in the right bottom corner! To keep your feet warm!

So thats what that is---never have I seen one--

The detail is there--see the nail shadow and the missing window pane?

I love it----

I see differences in the shipbuilding techniques already--thanks again for the link---Having a ball---Ax.

Going to the Mill this week to get fresh ground meal and flour---Post a pic a little later---The Mill on the Floss;):)

Maeve July 7, 2010 09:32 AM

awwww . . . Mook . . . how sweet! Good things CAN happen on the internet! Nice work too, looks really good!

Love My Garden July 7, 2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566252)
Ax,the wife and I finished the walking stick...we hope you like it.I need your mailing address so we can get in the mail.You can send it to me in an email if you want at [email]mikewt58@yahoo.com. Consider it a gift from the wife and I for serving and keeping the freedom that we all share in this great country we call the U.S.A.Thank you,Mike and Sheila.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/028-2.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/029-2.jpg

Mook, what a beautiful walking stick, and what a beautiful gesture....I do wood crafting myself, what kind of wood is that? :D

w8in4dave July 7, 2010 11:06 AM

How wonderful of you Mook!! It is a beautiful stick .... Your a nice guy....Well ax is also a wonderful person he deserves it ....Thank you Mook for being so kind to him ...

axhandle July 7, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 566521)
How wonderful of you Mook!! It is a beautiful stick .... Your a nice guy....Well ax is also a wonderful person he deserves it ....Thank you Mook for being so kind to him ...

Mook is a "Good Guy", and anyone who differs---Take it up with Ax.!!!

My Krims are gone till next year Dave--too much heat.

axhandle July 7, 2010 12:29 PM

0445---"Rise and Shine Ladies, Uncle Ho has been up two hours now"--Formation--0800--"Horse 'O 'Tha Day---PT Test!!", and while you are gone, those that went before you are going to rip your measly attempts at Paying Attention to Detail apart"

Part 1.

Mook July 7, 2010 04:24 PM

Ax,probably something I did...couldn't find your email...can you try it again.

axhandle July 7, 2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566696)
Ax,probably something I did...couldn't find your email...can you try it again.

Should be there in about 5 minutes--Ax

Mook July 7, 2010 05:24 PM

Ax,got it...I will put it in the mail Monday...going to let it dry a few more days.

axhandle July 7, 2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566731)
Ax,got it...I will put it in the mail Monday...going to let it dry a few more days.

No problem ,Mook--take care of yourself---will be taking it down to the Gulf with me before long--Folks down there need help and I am going to lend a hand--directly.

Ax.

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ajla---John Wesley Halls Mill--still operates at the State Park, about 20 miles from me.
Slow Stone Ground.

The Flume comes in from the left and flows over the water wheel--powering the works.

Have a lot of B&W 6cm. format pics of it, spent the whole day taking pics of all aspects, of course buried somewhere--

Walking back across the bridge from the mill, fate dealt me the right scene and conditions for a pic--when I had the negatives printed, they wanted permission to post it their gallery permanently.

I said, "why not--the picture credit goes to--fate,not me;; I just tripped the shutter"

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Neat Town---

w8in4dave July 8, 2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567168)
Ajla---John Wesley Halls Mill--still operates at the State Park, about 20 miles from me.
Slow Stone Ground.

The Flume comes in from the left and flows over the water wheel--powering the works.

Have a lot of B&W 6cm. format pics of it, spent the whole day taking pics of all aspects, of course buried somewhere--

Walking back across the bridge from the mill, fate dealt me the right scene and conditions for a pic--when I had the negatives printed, they wanted permission to post it their gallery permanently.

I said, "why not--the picture credit goes to--fate,not me;; I just tripped the shutter"

Beaitiful pic!!!

w8in4dave July 8, 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567179)
Neat Town---

What a cool pic.......Where do you and ajla come up with all these cool pics? Can you believe I cannot find my Camera ever since I came back from Ga. I will find it tho....Hopefully in one piece ................

Ajla July 8, 2010 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567168)
Slow Stone Ground.

Lovely! I can hear the Floss! Pardon Flume!

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567185)
What a cool pic.......Where do you and ajla come up with all these cool pics? Can you believe I cannot find my Camera ever since I came back from Ga. I will find it tho....Hopefully in one piece ................

Dave, In my fathomless, absent mindedness--I lost my digital camera somewhere downstairs--Guess it's good enough excuse to go buy another one--;):)

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567188)
Lovely! I can hear the Floss! Pardon Flume!

AaaHaaa--Now I have it!!!

Thanks Ajla--next project for 'Tha 'Missus---:)

w8in4dave July 8, 2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 566594)
0445---"Rise and Shine Ladies, Uncle Ho has been up two hours now"--Formation--0800--"Horse 'O 'Tha Day---PT Test!!", and while you are gone, those that went before you are going to rip your measly attempts at Paying Attention to Detail apart"

Part 1.

You get up so early because you have to ..... It is so hot there if you don't get up early to get stuff done it is to hot to do it during the day.....I can sleep in because it doesn't matter when I get stuff done :D except it is raining today nothing gets done outside....Except bringing in the folding chairs, and that job is done....Ohhhh w8 there is something...My tea I'd better go get that....I still have not made it to odd lots or big lots to find my tea... Can you believe it?

Ajla July 8, 2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567179)
Neat Town---

Don't tell anybody, but I haven't even been there! :o

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567202)
You get up so early because you have to ..... It is so hot there if you don't get up early to get stuff done it is to hot to do it during the day.....I can sleep in because it doesn't matter when I get stuff done :D except it is raining today nothing gets done outside....Except bringing in the folding chairs, and that job is done....Ohhhh w8 there is something...My tea I'd better go get that....I still have not made it to odd lots or big lots to find my tea... Can you believe it?

Big Lots !!!!!!!!!!! My store--Love to peruse the shelves--much diversity--and tasty items that some say Ewww!- to--they just miss out--:)

Yeah, Happy Birthday always gets up early--fixed him a bit of overcover for the coming heat and installed a "Tiger Alarm " for his water

axhandle July 8, 2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567205)
Don't tell anybody, but I haven't even been there! :o

But you have Ajla--and I would love to be there in that setting right now--

There are so many towns here like that--busy tranquilty, no malice, Life---

w8in4dave July 8, 2010 09:56 AM

Yes it used to be called odd lots... but they changed it to Big lots.. I may look up and see where the closest one is here in Harrison....Make hubbs take me for a ride :D LOL .....Happy Birthday gets up early?? Who is Happy Birthday ? :D

axhandle July 8, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567215)
Yes it used to be called odd lots... but they changed it to Big lots.. I may look up and see where the closest one is here in Harrison....Make hubbs take me for a ride :D LOL .....Happy Birthday gets up early?? Who is Happy Birthday ? :D

Happy Birthday is my Rooster, he gets up at 0530 every morning and wishes everyone happy brithday--errt-taa --rutt-ta--Rooster for Happy Birthday--

Fill that cart up--the chocolates from Belgium and Poland are--sublime--:) and the selection of Teas are beyong that--Save the wooden boxes they come in.

w8in4dave July 8, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567232)
Happy Birthday is my Rooster, he gets up at 0530 every morning and wishes everyone happy brithday--errt-taa --rutt-ta--Rooster for Happy Birthday--

Fill that cart up--the chocolates from Belgium and Poland are--sublime--:) and the selection of Teas are beyong that--Save the wooden boxes they come in.

Cool name from for a chicken :D i am not much on chocolates but will look them up :D can give as gifts anyway ...I always save either tins or wooden boxes stuff comes in... Love that kind of stuff.. I have actually bought stuff because of what they came in .... box , bag, tin......

axhandle July 8, 2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567239)
Cool name from for a chicken :D i am not much on chocolates but will look them up :D can give as gifts anyway ...I always save either tins or wooden boxes stuff comes in... Love that kind of stuff.. I have actually bought stuff because of what they came in .... box , bag, tin......

Me too taking the time and expense of packaging things in a wooden box shows thought--and the product within.

Get some chocolates, pack in a few mothballs and send them to your favorite Outlaws for Xmas--chuckle--'Ur Hub is Polish, he knows what I mean:);)