IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 8, 2010 03:35 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Cat Head Bisquits

1and1/8 cup self rising flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

Mix and knead--about 30 seconds.
form into bisquit about the size of a --cats head-round on top

bake at 350 F in a lodge skillet for 20--25 min.

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

axhandle July 8, 2010 03:36 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567468)
Cat Head Bisquits

1and1/8 cup self rising flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

Mix and knead--about 30 seconds.
form into bisquit about the size of a --cats head-round on top

bake at 350 F in a lodge skillet for 20--25 min.

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Pic --Compliments of Ms.Delta.

axhandle July 8, 2010 03:56 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Summer--write it down:

Heat Stroke:Hot, Dry, Skin--headache, dizziness, weakness, and rapid breathing and pulse.Severe cases--unconsciousness.

Heat Cramps: Severe cramps of the muscles of the abdomen and legs following overheating.

Prevention:--Increased salt and water consumption.

Two salt tablets (1/4 teaspoon) to each canteen of water.


Compliments of Uncle Sam--c'69.

Part 1

Ajla July 9, 2010 01:19 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567199)
AaaHaaa--Now I have it!!!

Thanks Ajla--next project for 'Tha 'Missus---:)

It holds an earthenware pot in winter, with hot cinders.

Just rambling: La'ash---L'hache----The ax------

grapenut July 9, 2010 03:30 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567468)
Cat Head Bisquits

1and1/8 cup self rising flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

Mix and knead--about 30 seconds.
form into bisquit about the size of a --cats head-round on top

bake at 350 F in a lodge skillet for 20--25 min.

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Now that sounds yummy! every time I try all I get is a dense loaf and I just know it must be something simple, that I'm doing wrong.

grapenut July 9, 2010 03:34 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I try about 5 times a year to make bread or rolls, but for some reason it just won't work for me. it rises about half way then stops', WHY!

axhandle July 9, 2010 07:49 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567728)
It holds an earthenware pot in winter, with hot cinders.

Just rambling: La'ash---L'hache----The ax------

Most interesting Ajla:

La'ash is Vulcan--a ficticious (yet existing) language that grew out of Star Trek series.

Vulcan--La'ash--Axe
L'hache---The axe-------is it not interesting very similar spelling, two languages meaning the same thing.!!!--I love linguistics.

My next question was going to be--but you have already answered it--what was the foot warmer made out of---I would have never known what is was--learn something from you every day---La'ash---chuckle.:)

axhandle July 9, 2010 07:53 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grapenut (Post 567768)
I try about 5 times a year to make bread or rolls, but for some reason it just won't work for me. it rises about half way then stops', WHY!

Knead up your dough--I always put warm predissolved yeast mixture in mine---put in a bowl cover with damp cloth , put in cool place--not fridge-- till it quits rising--then give it a whirl--my G'ma's bread was out of sight--:)

axhandle July 9, 2010 08:09 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567483)
Summer--write it down:

Heat Stroke:Hot, Dry, Skin--headache, dizziness, weakness, and rapid breathing and pulse.Severe cases--unconsciousness.

Heat Cramps: Severe cramps of the muscles of the abdomen and legs following overheating.

Prevention:--Increased salt and water consumption.

Two salt tablets (1/4 teaspoon) to each canteen of water.


Compliments of Uncle Sam--c'69.

Part 1

Part 2

Heat Exhaustion--Remove to a cool place--remove outer clothing,elevate feet, move legs up and down or massage--give all water patient will take 2 salt tablets or 1/4 tsp salt in a canteen of water.---Seek Medical Aid.

Heat Stroke--Shady place--Remove outer clothing, sprinkle or bathe patient with cold water, fan, massage trunk or legs--Medical Aid ,at once.

Heat Cramps--Cool place--remove outer clothing, give water and salt as above, --Medical help.

Uncle Sam--c.'69
First Aid Only---Get Med Help--

Posting 'cause this summer is going to be a "Heater---

woodwitch July 9, 2010 08:37 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Thanks for the recipe Ax. I will try to make them soon. Hope it works. I have never been able to make home made bread. I witch it.

axhandle July 9, 2010 09:25 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 567848)
Thanks for the recipe Ax. I will try to make them soon. Hope it works. I have never been able to make home made bread. I witch it.

Well, I'm an Alchemist in my retirement;):)

It will,-be sure to brush the top with bacon grease or oil--your pref--before putting in oven.

We always had Catheads, some Fatback Bacon or Sweet Potatoes on the stove everyday, cruise by, grab a snack and Go On---

I'm still alive, so don't be afraid to experience it---;):)

axhandle July 9, 2010 12:10 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Got Catheads and Bread in the oven--Door Neighbor(79 years old, quarter acre garden),brought over

tomatos, peppers, and goodwill-(All Homegrown)-- We reciprocate--he puts me in the shade of my garden every year--

How 'Bout You?---------Ax

Autumn July 9, 2010 01:04 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I need help? I can't remember what thread offered this website?

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/07/...ll-street.html

I sent it to my daughter in DC who works for USDA. Here is her response:

"Have not heard anything on this report. Get in the habit of eating less would probably be as beneficial, and more healthy. Honestly, if the conditions on the planet came to the point of having to protect myself with weapons to keep from being killed, or killing for food, I think it’s time to go. I’d rather stock up on a quick and painless way to do that – take less room also."

Just wanted to share some thoughts from my daughter of one who is there working for us. Yikes!!!

axhandle July 9, 2010 03:03 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 567994)
I need help? I can't remember what thread offered this website?

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/07/...ll-street.html

I sent it to my daughter in DC who works for USDA. Here is her response:

"Have not heard anything on this report. Get in the habit of eating less would probably be as beneficial, and more healthy. Honestly, if the conditions on the planet came to the point of having to protect myself with weapons to keep from being killed, or killing for food, I think it’s time to go. I’d rather stock up on a quick and painless way to do that – take less room also."

Just wanted to share some thoughts from my daughter of one who is there working for us. Yikes!!!

Ignore it, Autumn you got lots to do before filling out your Bucket List--believe me.--Ax--Rain--Go outside throw your hair back--smell the fresh water and dusty roads-let it fall in your face---tell me if I am wrong, :)

axhandle July 9, 2010 03:26 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
'Bama

Hot weather -very hot.
Missus and I sitting on a concrete picnic bench down at the City Park, looking at the band shell.
Foot Long Chile Dog from Dairy Queen, Iced Coke, barely a Dry Fly buzzing.

All of a sudden--#1 pic comes around Us.

"Well, Hello, what is your name, want to share lunch with us?"

I thank you ,Sir (I'm 17--now--she's 8 at the most), ---but my Aunt, said I shouldn't eat with total strangers."

"Well I live just 6 blocks from you, I'm not a stranger, what are you doing out here?"

"Uncle Bill and Aunt Talluah said I needed to go out and play,(while she gave us a scene from a Midsummer Nights Dream".

----as she ran off she looked back--and said "by the way , my name is ______ Bankhead, and I appreciate you."--Summer of '61--Ax and "Missus.

Pic 2.

T. Bankheads ,Niece--in person.

axhandle July 9, 2010 04:04 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Went to pull my socks up--came back and the attached was on MSN homepage---

Well,---- My,My, My--my friend Johnny Coral--Red on Yellow--kill a fellow, Red on Black, Friend of Jack"

Somebody must have read an article---:)

w8in4dave July 9, 2010 04:28 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567468)
Cat Head Bisquits

1and1/8 cup self rising flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

Mix and knead--about 30 seconds.
form into bisquit about the size of a --cats head-round on top

bake at 350 F in a lodge skillet for 20--25 min.

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

w8in4dave July 9, 2010 04:32 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568064)
Went to pull my socks up--came back and the attached was on MSN homepage---

Well,---- My,My, My--my friend Johnny Coral--Red on Yellow--kill a fellow, Red on Black, Friend of Jack"

Somebody must have read an article---:)

So a friend??

axhandle July 9, 2010 04:37 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568073)
Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

Hey, Bon Appetite'--says I- come on down,spend the night, and 'Tha "Missus and I will fix breakfast that you and Hub won't forget-:)

axhandle July 9, 2010 04:39 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568076)
So a friend??

Just an Aquaintance-:)-Red on(look at bands-) Yellow---kill a fellow.:)

axhandle July 9, 2010 04:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568073)
Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

You went to "Jawja and didn't come back with a recip---eee-chuckle--how 'bout a buttermilk cornbread recipe?

axhandle July 9, 2010 05:55 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Mook July 9, 2010 06:08 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

axhandle July 9, 2010 06:09 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 568108)
I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

Lode--do I get bored, gimme the forest, anyday---:)

skiracer July 9, 2010 06:11 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)
Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

axhandle July 9, 2010 06:32 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 568110)
Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

Oh I know--not taking exception to it at all--do it anyway--just the first time a Doc wrote an order for me--:)

Ajla July 10, 2010 09:16 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568051)
'Bama

Hot weather -very hot.
Missus and I sitting on a concrete picnic bench down at the City Park, looking at the band shell.
Foot Long Chile Dog from Dairy Queen, Iced Coke, barely a Dry Fly buzzing.

All of a sudden--#1 pic comes around Us.

"Well, Hello, what is your name, want to share lunch with us?"

I thank you ,Sir (I'm 17--now--she's 8 at the most), ---but my Aunt, said I shouldn't eat with total strangers."

"Well I live just 6 blocks from you, I'm not a stranger, what are you doing out here?"

"Uncle Bill and Aunt Talluah said I needed to go out and play,(while she gave us a scene from a Midsummer Nights Dream".

----as she ran off she looked back--and said "by the way , my name is ______ Bankhead, and I appreciate you."--Summer of '61--Ax and "Missus.

Pic 2.

T. Bankheads ,Niece--in person.

Marlene Dietrich??

axhandle July 10, 2010 09:50 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 568335)
Marlene Dietrich??

Favors Marlene a lot--Talullah Bankhead, Hollywood actress and what a controversy.
The little girl I described was her niece and lived in the same town where I grew up.
The little girl, one could, tell had acting talent.

ovenbird July 10, 2010 01:48 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 519399)
Now Which One?--#1 or #2 ?

For me, #2. Definitely!

ovenbird July 10, 2010 01:52 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)
Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

I'm with you. I get bored exercising without another purpose, and soaking in the wonders of nature serves fine as a purpose.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
★ IDigMyGarden™ is a trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2015 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★