IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Garlicluvr August 24, 2010 10:13 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Chick: I notice it is even complete with NRA vanity plate.:D

Jeff:)

chickweed August 24, 2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 603181)
Chick: I notice it is even complete with NRA vanity plate.:D

Oh, yeah! Don't mess with this old coot! Besides, it looked good with the car!:D

axhandle August 24, 2010 10:48 AM

"A Splice 'O Rum, Jim"--"tha Next vessel ,Shall be, so named--"Wicked Elegance',

'An put some Gunpowder in the next Wretched offering , 'From tha Galley"

Arrrgh--"Me Bones be a Speakin today, Wretched Weather!"--chuckle.---Ax.

w8in4dave August 24, 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 603059)

Well I was going toask how my car got to your house but ...the licience says it all ;) Very nice :D When ever I see a car I like I say "Hey how'd they get my car?"

axhandle August 24, 2010 11:37 AM

I have a proposal---

Anyone game for the Pan-American Race?--serious-(I'm In!, and got some Geedis)-1500 miles , anything within '50's cars, a Race--on my Bucket List>--I can handle it!

A Preview--"La Carrera , Panamericana'-video-documentary by Pink Floyd,they had D-Jags built at 100K --two of them,--Lawd---Alabama '53 Chevy took third--wink--all in the Crew---

axhandle August 24, 2010 11:47 AM

After expending some $400k---at the end--

'I must admit, we finished , "Rather --"Down the List"--We crashed, some $200,000 wotrth of replicas"

Typical Brits--chuckle--Get the Video!---Ax

Garlicluvr August 24, 2010 11:55 AM

Morning or rather Afternoon Ax. I left you a post on the photo thread, Ref Horseman and Penelope.

Jeff

axhandle August 24, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 603256)
Morning or rather Afternoon Ax. I left you a post on the photo thread, Ref Horseman and Penelope.

Jeff

Thanks--Ax.

axhandle August 25, 2010 08:59 AM

For the obscure moment, and intermission from cutting grass:

Todays , Fare?

Always civil, or aspire.
Art and photography.
The Race--no one has pitched in on my notion of running the "Panamericana" yet---
Cooking.

--Oh well, as Anthony Quinn (Zorba) says--"I have head, hands, feet -they do the work, who the **** am I , to choose?!"

axhandle August 25, 2010 12:47 PM

William Crawford Gorgas,--Hmmm--From , 'Bama--Just conquered Yellow Fever and Malaria, Worldwide--- Extra Fortissimo! -Hmmmm-

Article yesterday in local newspaper--Just about 30 miles from me(Brierfield, Al.)--archaeologists found his Dads Home--and he was----Very Cognizant, to say the least!.

Garlicluvr August 26, 2010 06:56 AM

Ax: If I were closer and had a little more time I might be game for the Pan-American race.

Speaking of bucket list what else you got on yours.

On mine that horsepack trip back into the wind river range is up there spend a couple of weeks maybe even a month back up in there maybe some kayaking too.

Trip to Paris the Louvre, Italy especially Florence to see firsthand the works of the Renaissance masters.

Always dreamed of being a national geographic photographer, dream job.

Just a few for now.

P.S. left you a post in the what music are you listening to thread probably should have posted here.

axhandle August 26, 2010 09:08 AM

I wonder,-- again we are not of the same mold.
Trying to find my pic, amongst- cutting grass, and pilfering on other matters "O 'Tha Day--Arghhhhhhh!--on a break--back later.-- Ax.

axhandle August 26, 2010 11:18 AM

Back When--Carroll Shelby decided the arrogance of Europian Domination of sports car racing, had come to the end---Result--GT-40.

The early ones had small engines, along the lines of a 289, the Latter Mk.4's had Cobra engines.(Bad Mammas)

Despite setbacks on the track and in the pits, at le' Mans'-- they finished --1, 2, and three---Ax.

Garlicluvr August 26, 2010 09:05 PM

Those Shelby Cobras were bad mommas. When I was younger and didnt know any better I passed up a chance to buy a hotrod an older farmer was parting with for I think $3,500.00 at the time, had a 426 Hemi in it believe the car was a dodge charger. I kick myself now for not buying that car.

I saw another Helo that you would recognize flying around today CH-46 or Chinook.
They were our main troop transporter when I was on the Helo carrier, always reminded me of a flying bus. From their looks I am sometimes amazed they fly at all. I have actually flown in one a time or two back and forth between ships and from ship to shore.

axhandle August 27, 2010 08:08 AM

Oh, gads bend over and let me kick you too---A 426 "Hemi"---see movie Vanishing Point--
Dodge sold a stripped down version back in '60's I mean stripped even the upholstery wasn't padded--for around $3000, all you had to do was put drag slicks on the back and head for the drag strip--they were a running Hunk of Plunder.

Will post a few pics later

axhandle August 27, 2010 08:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Re==post 795

Operation Hastings --Marine chopper
Chop-Chop
Home Sweet Home-

Garlicluvr August 27, 2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 604984)
Re==post 795

Operation Hastings --Marine chopper
Chop-Chop
Home Sweet Home-

Great pics Ax, I guess those Chinooks may have been ugly but they were pretty tough, Hueys are a great helo too guess that is why the marines are still flying them.

I know the army went to the apache for attack helos one bad mamma there wouldnt want to be on the receiving end.

Marines still using cobra for gunship/attack, and Ch-46 chinook and Ch-53 for cargo troop movers.

Army and Navy also use the H-60's Blackhawk a lot special ops guys use them often and Navy uses the seahawk version as multipurpose and ASW platform. The Anti-sub version Lamps H-60 is on every Navy destroyer/cruiser/frigate. They have dipping sonar, sonabouys for subhunting and carry ASROC (anti-sub rocket) and torpedos for ASW stuff switch to the Harpoon anti-ship missile for surface targets.

Garlicluvr August 27, 2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 604982)
Oh, gads bend over and let me kick you too---A 426 "Hemi"---see movie Vanishing Point--
Dodge sold a stripped down version back in '60's I mean stripped even the upholstery wasn't padded--for around $3000, all you had to do was put drag slicks on the back and head for the drag strip--they were a running Hunk of Plunder.

Will post a few pics later

I know should let you kick me too. It gets worse thing was tricked out with eldebrock high rise manifold, headers, dual or even six pack (cant remember) holly 4-barrels and a blower.

I was going to tech school in Illinois at the time old boy that had it said it was too much car for him anymore, just wanted to unload it and get it out of the barn.

Jeff:confused:

axhandle August 27, 2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 604992)
I know should let you kick me too. It gets worse thing was tricked out with eldebrock high rise manifold, headers, dual or even six pack (cant remember) holly 4-barrels and a blower.

I was going to tech school in Illinois at the time old boy that had it said it was too much car for him anymore, just wanted to unload it and get it out of the barn.

Jeff:confused:

The whole Enchilada as we used to say--blower, two fours.
Fellow back home was sitting at a redlight, this VW bus pulled up a whump--whump etc- had a sign on the door--?? Farms, Inc"-he rolled down the window

and asked the guy what he had in that bus?

Fellow driving, took his cigar out and said "Oh, just eggs and things"
Light turned and the VW burned rubber for half a block--blown Hemi--two fours -

axhandle August 27, 2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 604989)
Great pics Ax, I guess those Chinooks may have been ugly but they were pretty tough, Hueys are a great helo too guess that is why the marines are still flying them.

I know the army went to the apache for attack helos one bad mamma there wouldnt want to be on the receiving end.

Marines still using cobra for gunship/attack, and Ch-46 chinook and Ch-53 for cargo troop movers.

Army and Navy also use the H-60's Blackhawk a lot special ops guys use them often and Navy uses the seahawk version as multipurpose and ASW platform. The Anti-sub version Lamps H-60 is on every Navy destroyer/cruiser/frigate. They have dipping sonar, sonabouys for subhunting and carry ASROC (anti-sub rocket) and torpedos for ASW stuff switch to the Harpoon anti-ship missile for surface targets.

You have a very good grasp of your job, I applaud you.

axhandle August 29, 2010 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mother Nature--and what might this be, in one's glance?:)

Garlicluvr August 30, 2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606359)

Strange one Ax, I assume some sort of caterpillar but the tail or is it the head looks like a snakes head. Would probably scare some of the birds away.

Morning Ax.

axhandle August 30, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 606591)
Strange one Ax, I assume some sort of caterpillar but the tail or is it the head looks like a snakes head. Would probably scare some of the birds away.

Morning Ax.

Mornin, Jeff

Didn't get the companion pic resized till this A.M.Will post today.
You are so close, and I'm not surprised, you'd win the blue ribbon.
It trips off , in my mind,as an aquaintance of mine, from Louisiana, used to say--"How 'dey do 'dat?"

Chuckle--Hope you have a good work day, and "Keep 'Em Flyin!"

Garlicluvr August 30, 2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606605)
Mornin, Jeff

Didn't get the companion pic resized till this A.M.Will post today.
You are so close, and I'm not surprised, you'd win the blue ribbon.
It trips off , in my mind,as an aquaintance of mine, from Louisiana, used to say--"How 'dey do 'dat?"

Chuckle--Hope you have a good work day, and "Keep 'Em Flyin!"

Ax I will do my part to keep them from running into each other anyhow. I work on ground to air Comms mostly, also airfield lighting and landing aids. If my radios work then the Air traffic controllers can talk to everyone.

axhandle August 30, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 606618)
Ax I will do my part to keep them from running into each other anyhow. I work on ground to air Comms mostly, also airfield lighting and landing aids. If my radios work then the Air traffic controllers can talk to everyone.

Jeff--If you look at my first pic on this thread , you will see a pic ( on the left side, of my best Friend(in Navy Dress), now gone--who did the same job as you.

I have a story for you later. It is priceless.
I already know you will get the job done----sometimes "One, just Knows"--;)

axhandle August 30, 2010 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

The answer--

axhandle August 30, 2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606642)
The answer--

Chuckle, and hopefully, some oil to lube the brain gears--"How 'dey do 'dat?"--said my acquaintance from Louisiana--" I don't know , Flaseed, but we will find out."

woodwitch August 30, 2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Kinda looks like a snake emerging form a cocoon. That is really weird Ax.

axhandle August 30, 2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 606665)
Kinda looks like a snake emerging form a cocoon. That is really weird Ax.

Rather strange, how things work.
I have always been enamoured by what is around us, that we tend not to see.

Maybe a "Frog Prince" or a caterpiller that turns in to a work of art, --Thanks for post--;)

woodwitch August 30, 2010 10:11 AM

I have found if one keeps an open mind and really looks at what is around them they will see all kinds of interesting things. I wish I had better photography skills so I could capture some of those moments.