IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle May 9, 2010 12:23 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDirtDog (Post 523494)
Beautiful pics axe. Love them.

Thanks Tx--my Mother was born in Dublin, Texas--on my Bucket List to go there.

TXDirtDog May 9, 2010 12:34 PM

I suspected you had a little Texas in you somewhere Ax.:)

Unless I miss my guess, that area should have a lotta good pasture land and farmland. Eephus Swift could probably give you a more accurate description, unless your mom told you about it. I bet it is beautiful country.

axhandle May 10, 2010 08:55 AM

90 degree days then to 70's, ovecast this A.M., guess I'll get a few Pending Matters done inside today-no telling what might pop up here ,so 'Scuse my Notions--:)

Hope everyone is well--Ax

axhandle May 10, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXDirtDog (Post 523512)
I suspected you had a little Texas in you somewhere Ax.:)

Unless I miss my guess, that area should have a lotta good pasture land and farmland. Eephus Swift could probably give you a more accurate description, unless your mom told you about it. I bet it is beautiful country.

Must be a fertile area, Mom's B'Cert says G'dad was a Nurseryman(Agriculture)--never knew him.

Paris, Tx is on my Bucket List too--from the movie of the same name--Nastassia Kinski--- Hubba!

Later---Ax.

chaqar May 10, 2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 523504)
Thanks Tx--my Mother was born in Dublin, Texas--on my Bucket List to go there.

My Grandma was born there too. Great little town, still has a few cobblestone streets. Also has a Dr.Pepper plant you can tour. You'll have to try one of their fountain drinks...SO much better than you get in the can/bottle! You can also purchase Dr.Pepper in that area made with Pure Cane Sugar instead of the corn syrup.

axhandle May 11, 2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaqar (Post 524260)
My Grandma was born there too. Great little town, still has a few cobblestone streets. Also has a Dr.Pepper plant you can tour. You'll have to try one of their fountain drinks...SO much better than you get in the can/bottle! You can also purchase Dr.Pepper in that area made with Pure Cane Sugar instead of the corn syrup.

I can bet on the taste of the real Dr.Pepper.
Got Dublin on my clipboard, have the address of where Mom was born, and should be a good "Walkabout".--may even go the back roads with a trunk full of film and cameras--Bridges of Madison County---;):)

Ax

axhandle May 12, 2010 09:20 AM

Wile-E and a chunk of Siberian Jade, getting my rigs(cut and polish) set back up(among 10 other things,) after a long mothballing--the stuff is --sublime.!!:)

axhandle May 12, 2010 11:27 AM

Sort of a bad day today , recovering from a minor muscle problem in my neck.(Doc's Appt)--no problem.

'And so, the Sands of Time, one Casts a foot , but nature erases all of same, but, leaves one with memories, and dear to one's notion"

axhandle May 12, 2010 12:00 PM

Might be a "Post Schribt'"-to some--but in my Later Years:

"Freebird"--'Skynard":

"If I leave here Tomorrow, Would You, still,remember me"

Just a thought and a chuckle---Life is Gravy--

Ajla May 13, 2010 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 525630)
Might be a "Post Schribt'"-to some--but in my Later Years:

"Freebird"--'Skynard":

"If I leave here Tomorrow, Would You, still,remember me"

Just a thought and a chuckle---Life is Gravy--

Could hardly not remember you Ax! With or without gravy! How are you doing?

axhandle May 13, 2010 07:19 AM

Ajla that is a prize photo, and looks like something I would build--I love eccentrics.
How is the garden?Mine is almost planted.
Have you ever read on the Wincheter house here in U.S.? talk about eccentric.
Perusing some more art so get ready---:)

axhandle May 13, 2010 09:13 AM

"Such a Morning".

"Happy Birthday" , my Avian Alarm Clock Rooster--Clarion Call at 0530.--The Turkey:)

Just the perfect morning, sitting in basement working on a few things and here comes Tomaz the cat. Such vanity, he purrs, gets in my way, and keeps on--Hmmm--- what is he up to,? Say's I?

"O.K. Tomaz , lead the way, I am rather whimsical this morning"

We go to the Garden, Tomaz is alert and "ready" the whole distance"

And he shows me the ground squirrels he captured during the morn.

"Pay attention to detail, pick up on subtilties, act on your knowledge,--the spice of life"

w8in4dave May 13, 2010 09:19 AM

Aweeee ax .. I love to read your post like that one :rolleyes:

Ajla May 13, 2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 526040)
Ajla that is a prize photo, and looks like something I would build--I love eccentrics.
How is the garden?Mine is almost planted.
Have you ever read on the Wincheter house here in U.S.? talk about eccentric.
Perusing some more art so get ready---:)

I'm ready, since we have the day off, and it's still cold! The garden is ready too, with the cucurbita, peppers and such sitting in the cold frame, waiting for it to warm up again!

axhandle May 13, 2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 526123)
Aweeee ax .. I love to read your post like that one :rolleyes:

Now what is that Smirky, Little, "diddy" you put in?
Taking advantage of my good nature----Hmmmmmmmm:)

Tomaz, is a free range Katze--he will be going to Daughters --new House--as of yesterday--!!

Chuckle,--so how are You---:p

w8in4dave May 13, 2010 09:53 AM

i made a makeshift cold frame..I got a big rubbermaid container put my milk jug tomatoes in it then I put a piece of plastic from the greenhouse on it and put a rock on it so it wouldn't blow away :D I am good ax :D about ready to go outside...pull weeds in the rain :D

w8in4dave May 13, 2010 09:56 AM

I didn't mean to make fun... I really do like to read your post like the one I was refering to :D ....and it is a good thing you have a good nature ...makes life so much easier :D

axhandle May 13, 2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 526150)
I'm ready, since we have the day off, and it's still cold! The garden is ready too, with the cucurbita, peppers and such sitting in the cold frame, waiting for it to warm up again!

Tom Share:

My Morning was 'What more can one ask"

I had my doubts about sucess of garden, and same, but I went to weed, the Honeysuckle was in full fragrance, the roses to the side were in full bloom, Tomaz (Young Cat) was esthatic---some times I think too little and sometimes ,--too much--My thoughts are with you----Ax.

My Clime is Sub-Tropical, but those little wire coat hangers and some clear plastic works wonders sometimes-

P.S. My local Botanical Gardens , on occasion gives exotic plants away---;) Kreenland, Nicht War!--Keep Well--and get the bicycle out--such Gravy--Ax

axhandle May 13, 2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 526155)
I didn't mean to make fun... I really do like to read your post like the one I was refering to :D ....and it is a good thing you have a good nature ...makes life so much easier :D

Oh ,You! We know each other---:) ;)

axhandle May 13, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 526153)
i made a makeshift cold frame..I got a big rubbermaid container put my milk jug tomatoes in it then I put a piece of plastic from the greenhouse on it and put a rock on it so it wouldn't blow away :D I am good ax :D about ready to go outside...pull weeds in the rain :D

The cold Michigan rain, and I am dehydrated---only two of my Krims made it--you have to keep the Torch burning--your abode is the most conducive--wonder why--

P.S. "The House is Silent , and I know not, what to do"--;):) Hang in ---Ax.

Ajla May 13, 2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 526164)
Tom Share:

My Morning was 'What more can one ask"

I had my doubts about sucess of garden, and same, but I went to weed, the Honeysuckle was in full fragrance, the roses to the side were in full bloom, Tomaz (Young Cat) was esthatic---some times I think too little and sometimes ,--too much--My thoughts are with you----Ax.

My Clime is Sub-Tropical, but those little wire coat hangers and some clear plastic works wonders sometimes-

P.S. My local Botanical Gardens , on occasion gives exotic plants away---;) Kreenland, Nicht War!--Keep Well--and get the bicycle out--such Gravy--Ax

Kweek means both: cultivate and couchgrass, so it seemed an appropriate name!
I picked some spinach, so I better start supper. Enjoy Tomaz while you've still got him!

axhandle May 13, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 526153)

Get them out of the milk jugs, and in to good pottery, plants must Breathe--and you will see much difference.Stack a few concrete blocks up,fill them with good soil, and see what happens---;)--Maybe an 'Experiment", but whats in concrete blocks-;)

Glad you are well---

axhandle May 13, 2010 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 526178)
I picked some spinach, so I better start supper. Enjoy Tomaz while you've still got him!

Versthehen,--the local (12 mi) botanical gardens give out plants,--You have the attached--and Hone those skates for Next Time--;)

w8in4dave May 13, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 526184)
Get them out of the milk jugs, and in to good pottery, plants must Breathe--and you will see much difference.Stack a few concrete blocks up,fill them with good soil, and see what happens---;)--Maybe an 'Experiment", but whats in concrete blocks-;)

Glad you are well---

well it has been raining so dang gone much I cannot get them out...but I do leave the lid off sometimes and some are in a clothes basket with a pain on top of them so they get to breathe thru the holes on the side ...no worrys :D there is also some in milk crates

axhandle May 13, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Spinach!!--"For the first time 'Tha Missus has 'Discovered " same--I love it!!!

axhandle May 13, 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 526235)
well it has been raining so dang gone much I cannot get them out...but I do leave the lid off sometimes and some are in a clothes basket with a pain on top of them so they get to breathe thru the holes on the side ...no worrys :D there is also some in milk crates

You are "On Target"--Go!!--:)

axhandle May 13, 2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Tomaz , goes with my Daughter, and G'Kids--as they 'know not of what they Speak, G'Pa --oh Well;)--They have their Domicile now--and Ax is is left 'At Hand"--;):)

axhandle May 13, 2010 12:14 PM

'Ecc.-- "Rejoice!, Oh Young Man, in Thy Youth"

Life is simple, albeit ,by-- Mans Contrary to Same",--

"Sit on the bench, in a tranquil village, one earns it"

Ajla May 14, 2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 526254)

"Sit on the bench, in a tranquil village, one earns it"

That's where we have a date???????

Ajla May 15, 2010 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 526655)
That's where we have a date???????

But maybe you didn't mean the bench near the river overlooking the castle on the mountain, but this one?