IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Garlicluvr December 14, 2010 07:36 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Morning Ax: Back in the deep freeze today 18 degrees and feels like 4 with wind chill. Brrrrrrr. Again I am thankful I dont have to work outside today.

Did fire up the chainsaws the other day and cut up some down or leaning trees out in the woods for firewood. Got some decent cherry and locust for next years fires.

Jeff:)

axhandle December 14, 2010 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 673936)
Morning Ax: Back in the deep freeze today 18 degrees and feels like 4 with wind chill. Brrrrrrr. Again I am thankful I dont have to work outside today.

Did fire up the chainsaws the other day and cut up some down or leaning trees out in the woods for firewood. Got some decent cherry and locust for next years fires.

Oh, you "Swabby" -You--and meant in good nature.

The Locust,---"much fine pegs, squared off, in a round hole,--they will Hold"

Attached--pic of the basement furnace--dormant since'84--we moved in some 18 yrs ago--piped in to house ducts, blower /etc--220 Volt box installed.

axhandle December 14, 2010 10:36 AM

Hmmmm--Scratching Beard---"Where should I start today?'--the embers of 'tha night, be still glowing" The Hearth is but ,Warm, and

"And my Friend, Heart Mouse,what do you intend to glean of this visit.?"

"Nothing" said Mouse.

Garlicluvr December 14, 2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 674081)
Oh, you "Swabby" -You--and meant in good nature.

The Locust,---"much fine pegs, squared off, in a round hole,--they will Hold"

Attached--pic of the basement furnace--dormant since'84--we moved in some 18 yrs ago--piped in to house ducts, blower /etc--220 Volt box installed.

Ax: Is that a coal furnace? Wood?

My buddy has a whole house woodburning furnace, in addition to the oil fired hot water main furnace with radiators.

I do like the feel of radiant heat and you get all of those interesting pipe pinging expanding noises.

He burns the wood furnace full time once it gets real cold saves him quite a bit of money each winter as the wood is free his place is very wooded many mature oaks and hickory and several of his neighbors let him cut on their land. Usually has five to six or more cords sitting around.

I have used locust for pegs, also white oak both quite good.

Garlicluvr December 14, 2010 08:59 PM

Bump due to spammer in da hen house.:D

axhandle December 15, 2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 674117)
Ax: Is that a coal furnace? Wood?

My buddy has a whole house woodburning furnace, in addition to the oil fired hot water main furnace with radiators.

I do like the feel of radiant heat and you get all of those interesting pipe pinging expanding noises.

He burns the wood furnace full time once it gets real cold saves him quite a bit of money each winter as the wood is free his place is very wooded many mature oaks and hickory and several of his neighbors let him cut on their land. Usually has five to six or more cords sitting around.

I have used locust for pegs, also white oak both quite good.

Wood Burner--if I can ID it, then can get some parts--has the circulating fan, all ductwork in place, the folks here before us installed it but never used it, some rain got down the pipe and rusted some of the innards.--never seen the logo before and thats all I can find as to I.D.

Hickory--BBQ--and Bows---:)
OAK--heat--

Acquaintance of mine(went to school with him) bought a log cabin--origional and had it moved to lake property--"Dog Trot" type thought I might do a photodoc of it--my real goal--getting access to his car collection--about 35-40 of them--Big Boyz Toyz---he wanted to hire me to do upkeep at one time, but other matters kept me from taking the task.

axhandle December 15, 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 674448)

Acknowledge there, Big J--Over and Out--

As Zorba said---"I have a clever nose for the metals";)

axhandle December 15, 2010 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Christmas Time!--had to have one-($20.00)-70th anniversary--wish I had my origional '51 model back--but I do have the scope off of one from the '50's I had.

The one's then would shoot a hole thru a tin can, and the can was steel then (the Pump model would shoot all the away thru both sides,, Daisy reduced power sometimes during the late '60's .I think.

Many "Safaris" back--;)

Ajla December 15, 2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 674448)

And here I was thinking this was where the cockerels are hiding out! :)

axhandle December 15, 2010 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 674698)

Bwaaat--chuckle--How is Holland today?

axhandle December 15, 2010 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Decided, this Yule, some pictoral posts, "Maybe This, Maybe That'--my Premis is "Share"--

G'Fathers village (Slovakia)-contracted some years back--

axhandle December 15, 2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 674091)
Hmmmm--Scratching Beard---"Where should I start today?'--the embers of 'tha night, be still glowing" The Hearth is but ,Warm, and

"And my Friend, Heart Mouse,what do you intend to glean of this visit.?"

"Nothing" said Mouse.

"But you must have something."
"I do, said, Hearthsmouse, and you have done me well, no time for worry, leave it to me, Rod and Ms. Molly, "Things" get better."

Garlicluvr December 15, 2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 674636)
Christmas Time!--had to have one-($20.00)-70th anniversary--wish I had my origional '51 model back--but I do have the scope off of one from the '50's I had.

The one's then would shoot a hole thru a tin can, and the can was steel then (the Pump model would shoot all the away thru both sides,, Daisy reduced power sometimes during the late '60's .I think.

Many "Safaris" back--;)

I have been eyeing those red ryders too Ax had one of the origionals first BB gun, lots of fond memories.

I almost bought one the other day just because. Boys would have fun with it would just have to watch out for my windows.

Garlicluvr December 15, 2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 674698)

Chuckle: Aj This is where we be hiding.:D Shhh dont tell the fox or mother hen.;)

axhandle December 15, 2010 11:36 AM

Oh,Boy--"You do not have permission--says Idig,

axhandle December 15, 2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 674843)
I have been eyeing those red ryders too Ax had one of the origionals first BB gun, lots of fond memories.

I almost bought one the other day just because. Boys would have fun with it would just have to watch out for my windows.

Well, don't "almost":D as you know the best way to teach Firearms Safety.Only one and you are in charge.
Uncles were all WWII vets, they couldn't wait to get a hold of my Red Ryder--almost noon on Christmas Day before I got it back--:)

skiracer December 15, 2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 674740)
Bwaaat--chuckle--How is Holland today?

that's a great shot Ax!

Garlicluvr December 16, 2010 07:25 AM

Morning Ax colder than a well diggers Bleepedty-bleep here this morning. Playing Hooky because schools closed today they are calling for snow 2-4". I have the wood stove puffing along the tea kettle on top is hissing and whistling. Firewood man coming today to drop off another load. I had to buy some as i don't have enough dry stuff for the whole winter.

Hope you are well friend and warm. Thinking of maybe making some homemade wheat bread today.

skiracer December 16, 2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 674776)
Decided, this Yule, some pictoral posts, "Maybe This, Maybe That'--my Premis is "Share"--

G'Fathers village (Slovakia)-contracted some years back--

thats a beautiful picture Ax. how neat would it be to live there and see those mountains everyday.

Ajla December 16, 2010 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been fiddling around, making some Xmas cards, but people find it hard to guess what I used???

axhandle December 16, 2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 675364)
Morning Ax colder than a well diggers Bleepedty-bleep here this morning. Playing Hooky because schools closed today they are calling for snow 2-4". I have the wood stove puffing along the tea kettle on top is hissing and whistling. Firewood man coming today to drop off another load. I had to buy some as i don't have enough dry stuff for the whole winter.

Hope you are well friend and warm. Thinking of maybe making some homemade wheat bread today.

Mornin, Jeff

Oh, Boy playing Hooky--when Queen Elizebeth was Coronated--wayback machine--they let us go home to watch it, but we had to come back--guess who didn't-caught heck for that one but, I did watch it.;)

Rather overcast here, the temp is supposed to go to 60's today, but weatherman is always off- by at least a day.

Put my word in on Christmas present--full blown remote weather station, solar powered wireless--all the bells and whistles--I love Gizmos--

Nothing cozier than a wood fired kitchen, the smell of fresh yeast bread and doze off--Russian Submariners complained about the fresh bread not tasting yeasty enough(pre-packaged dough)--cook knocked that one in the head--poured Vodka in it the night before--instant moral booster--

Have a Christmas Story for you, a bit later today--

axhandle December 16, 2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 675382)
Mornin, Jeff

Oh, Boy playing Hooky--when Queen Elizebeth was Coronated--wayback machine--they let us go home to watch it, but we had to come back--guess who didn't-caught heck for that one but, I did watch it.;)

Rather overcast here, the temp is supposed to go to 60's today, but weatherman is always off- by at least a day.

Put my word in on Christmas present--full blown remote weather station, solar powered wireless--all the bells and whistles--I love Gizmos--

Nothing cozier than a wood fired kitchen, the smell of fresh yeast bread and doze off--Russian Submariners complained about the fresh bread not tasting yeasty enough(pre-packaged dough)--cook knocked that one in the head--poured Vodka in it the night before--instant moral booster--

Have a Christmas Story for you, a bit later today--

P.S. and chuckle--don't forget the Witch in her BB--;):D

axhandle December 16, 2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 675366)
thats a beautiful picture Ax. how neat would it be to live there and see those mountains everyday.

Ski,

Typed you a note--a couple of paragraphs--and "a flag" popped up from Idig, "you do not have permission"--time outed.

Grrrrrr--Idig--hint hint--not everyone has the luxury of "Sleeping In"--some of us Critters get up early -and-Get 'Er Done--Mind reprogramming the "banks" ??--:)

skiracer December 16, 2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 675395)
Ski,

Typed you a note--a couple of paragraphs--and "a flag" popped up from Idig, "you do not have permission"--time outed.

Grrrrrr--Idig--hint hint--not everyone has the luxury of "Sleeping In"--some of us Critters get up early -and-Get 'Er Done--Mind reprogramming the "banks" ??--:)

didnt receive anything yet Ax. im assuming you are talking PM.

axhandle December 16, 2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 675401)
didnt receive anything yet Ax. im assuming you are talking PM.

Typed it in ,in regular form---Idig doesn't wake up till around noon--chuckle-

Will Redo, and send the bill to Idig--;):D

axhandle December 16, 2010 09:17 AM

Bob Feller passed on, Cleveland Indians, Hall of Fame Pitcher-- saw him in realtime--Darn Good One--RIP Bob, and when the Grass of Summer sprouts, then we are all Back in the Game--just a matter of time.

axhandle December 16, 2010 10:50 AM

And, Why do you awake me, Rod Hearthsmouse!?"

Scratching Chin and ill kept hair--

"Only because you have not slept, nor eaten in a Forthnight"

"So, What is the New 'O 'Tha Day??"

"Rather little"--but ,I do remember when you roasted some chestnuts, some cheese from the coast of France,--and something you called Wine-?- the Stones on the Fireplace glimmered with Reds, Blue and Green--not to mention the Yellows"

axhandle December 16, 2010 11:34 AM

"Johnny", my best Friend shot a flare into a Skyraider cockpit, down in Pensacola, Fl., he was regular Navy in 'late 50's--Masterchief said "go to the BX, I'll take care of this"

Pilot was a mixture of confused,rage and ??,as he taxied in--Masterchief said, well if you want to push it, your Approach Angle was off, and your Landing Velocity was 50 MPH over the Manual Specs"--

RIP --Johnny, You Best Friend of Mine--

Garlicluvr December 16, 2010 12:48 PM

Ax: Snowing here now, been out picking up stacks of wood with the tractor and letting the boys play in the snow.

Made wheat bread its on the second rise now cant wait for some hot out of the oven with butter melted into it.

Got the load of wood and need to go back out maybe pull boys in the sled with the tractor and pick up more cut wood.

skiracer December 16, 2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 675582)
Ax: Snowing here now, been out picking up stacks of wood with the tractor and letting the boys play in the snow.

Made wheat bread its on the second rise now cant wait for some hot out of the oven with butter melted into it.

Got the load of wood and need to go back out maybe pull boys in the sled with the tractor and pick up more cut wood.

Jeff,
Is that snow coming up the coast. is NJ going to get any.