IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle December 16, 2010 04:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 675531)
And, Why do you awake me, Rod Hearthsmouse!?"

Scratching Chin and ill kept hair--

"Only because you have not slept, nor eaten in a Forthnight"

"So, What is the New 'O 'Tha Day??"

"Rather little"--but ,I do remember when you roasted some chestnuts, some cheese from the coast of France,--and something you called Wine-?- the Stones on the Fireplace glimmered with Reds, Blue and Green--not to mention the Yellows"

"Yes, and this Dank place in the North Castle, is rarely conducive to constructive thought, I wonder 'oft, if the Woodcutters do not get lost in their daily tasks."
"And the Lord of the Castle , doesn't lose himself at least 'thrice daily,in his own room.--- Hmmm"

"Oh, well (scratching beard), to the task at Hand."

axhandle December 16, 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 675381)
I've been fiddling around, making some Xmas cards, but people find it hard to guess what I used???

Neat, Ajla--macaroni?--looks good.
I can see where some spray paint would make a neat impression on the paper.

Mailed out some cards today, more tomorrow--

Got one from 'Missus's Sister-- --Postage Due --19 cents--now if thats not a Bummer--:D

axhandle December 17, 2010 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Friend sent me this, "The Last picture of an Idiot", was the caption--and I agree--

Ajla December 17, 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 675755)
Neat, Ajla--macaroni?--looks good.
I can see where some spray paint would make a neat impression on the paper.

Mailed out some cards today, more tomorrow--

Got one from 'Missus's Sister-- --Postage Due --19 cents--now if thats not a Bummer--:D

Heh, heh! I don't grow macaroni in my garden!!! :)

jbest123 December 17, 2010 10:06 AM

AX have you seen this one? John
If she hasen't yet, she is going to.http://idigmygarden.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=4901

axhandle December 17, 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 676095)
Heh, heh! I don't grow macaroni in my garden!!! :)

Bwhattt!--You don't grow Macaroni in your garden!!?--double;):D

The Mill here (State Park)--is sorta dormant, good harvest has already been made, wimter-but I fully expect--etc. Guess it's time for a Documentary--Our last visit--the Ironworks,log cabins --done uo right, quilting, woodwork--fellow gave me a blueprint of a woodworkers bench,--the next a Psaltery---

I can always get corn meal,(very prime),wheat flour,and buckwheat there at a very good price Stone Ground, water powered--State Owned--the Mill--c. 1857--and still a quality product at affordable cost--

Garlicluvr December 17, 2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 676090)
Friend sent me this, "The Last picture of an Idiot", was the caption--and I agree--

Yep Ax that is pretty stupid. If he doesnt have offspring already he may not live to reproduce at least.:D

John: That is classic, I sure dont want to be that close to a lioness in the wild especially with my guard/pants down.:D

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr December 17, 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 675594)
Jeff,
Is that snow coming up the coast. is NJ going to get any.

Sorry Ski: Got busy yesterday and didnt get back on. Did you get any snow?

We got 2-3" powdery, kids enjoyed the sledding behind the tractor. I dont have any good hills anywhere close so pull them behind the John Deere.

axhandle December 17, 2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbest123 (Post 676096)
AX have you seen this one? John
If she hasen't yet, she is going to.http://idigmygarden.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=4901

That is a Prize, John--- looks like someone is fixing to get their Greens Cleaned.--:D

axhandle December 18, 2010 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Misty morning, about 40F--only supposed to go to 50's next week--tough weather--chuckle.
Daughter is rather pre-occupied with Sweets for Christmas this year--she got the Sweets from the 'Missus.Kolachi and others, coming up!
Elected for ham this year the Thansgiving Turkey was enough for now--it was a Tom and a bit tough.

axhandle December 18, 2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 675381)
I've been fiddling around, making some Xmas cards, but people find it hard to guess what I used???

Ajla, you have my curiosity up now, are you making the cards?--if so what a prize--nothing like hand made--means more than bought.

axhandle December 18, 2010 08:32 AM

Speaking of making stuff--may seem off the wall but snowflakes can be preserved:and attached.

Glass microscope slides, Crazy glue, tweezers, all cold.

Have to work in the cold--let snowflakes settle on slide, a drop of crazy glue--put in refrig for 24hrs, the crazy glue makes an exact copy of the flake.

Adult supervision--don't want the little one's gluing their fingers together--

Todays Bit 'O Useless Knowledge--but interesting.:)

chickweed December 18, 2010 08:42 AM

Hey, Ax! CATCH!!!!!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...yLaughs139.gif

Mook December 18, 2010 09:55 AM

Ax,thanks for the gift buddy...made my day when the wife walked in and said you have a package from Bama.Have a Merry Christmas Ax.
Thanks again,Mike & Sheila

axhandle December 18, 2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 676682)
Ax,thanks for the gift buddy...made my day when the wife walked in and said you have a package from Bama.Have a Merry Christmas Ax.
Thanks again,Mike & Sheila

Most welcome--P.S. the little one is for 'tha Missus--:)

Mook December 18, 2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 676740)
Most welcome--P.S. the little one is for 'tha Missus--:)

Thats what she said also...:)

axhandle December 18, 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 676645)

Splat!!--refreshing--Merry Christmas--:)

axhandle December 18, 2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 676756)
Thats what she said also...:)

Enjoy, some of the last few quality products left--:)

Ajla December 19, 2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 676619)
Ajla, you have my curiosity up now, are you making the cards?--if so what a prize--nothing like hand made--means more than bought.

My dad always used to make his own, and I've kept the tradition going.
On Thursday I'm going to take that train...............
but only as far as Goslar, Harz! :)

axhandle December 19, 2010 08:29 AM

Commendable ,Ajla carrying on traditions, sooner or later in time Pearls get lost.Would like to see some of your handiwork.

The trip--Goslar am envious and happy for you--the Harz Mountains---Have some Schnitzels while there and some good beer--should be nice there --Merry Christmas.

Ax.

Ajla December 20, 2010 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 677207)
Commendable ,Ajla carrying on traditions, sooner or later in time Pearls get lost.Would like to see some of your handiwork.

The trip--Goslar am envious and happy for you--the Harz Mountains---Have some Schnitzels while there and some good beer--should be nice there --Merry Christmas.

Ax.

I think I'd prefer some glühwein! If I manage to get the door open?

axhandle December 20, 2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 677694)
I think I'd prefer some glühwein! If I manage to get the door open?

Oh, Boy! I just had a chill--thats at least a 3 ft drift--how does one get out? thru the window?--really like the pic the architecture, and color combinations--very pleasing.
When do you board the train?--While you are there maybe you can go play eine Alpfenhorn--Nicht Wahr--;):)

Take care Ajla, and have a very good trip--Prosite!

axhandle December 20, 2010 07:31 AM

Didn't recognize gluewein so I looked it up--mulled wine!-

As I recall--metal mugs, with the ingrediants, a red hot metal rod thrust into the mix at serving.(medieval)

Ran across Glogg--once--most fortifying--and tasty.

Garlicluvr December 20, 2010 08:55 AM

Morning Ax still need to find some sumatra around here. Another cold one but no wind at least.

Ajla: I really enjoyed that picture. Looks like someone needs to crawl out the window and shovel.

Or as they do some places like North Dakota where they get ungodly amounts of snow every winter make at least one outside door open in. Have even seen a few second floor doors.

axhandle December 20, 2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 677775)
Morning Ax still need to find some sumatra around here. Another cold one but no wind at least.

Ajla: I really enjoyed that picture. Looks like someone needs to crawl out the window and shovel.

Or as they do some places like North Dakota where they get ungodly amounts of snow every winter make at least one outside door open in. Have even seen a few second floor doors.

As long as the wind "Stays at it Lays"--I'm Good.

The Second Story Window---and in to the drifts--just yell--"Airborne"--one's Will and matters will be taken care of--By the Way, how is the John Deere frontloader?--Series Alaska Gold--all Family trying to get me to go up there,--chuckle--"It would be good for you"--Hmmm--Might take them up on that--;)

Garlicluvr December 20, 2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 677787)
As long as the wind "Stays at it Lays"--I'm Good.

The Second Story Window---and in to the drifts--just yell--"Airborne"--one's Will and matters will be taken care of--By the Way, how is the John Deere frontloader?--Series Alaska Gold--all Family trying to get me to go up there,--chuckle--"It would be good for you"--Hmmm--Might take them up on that--;)

John Deere frontloader, dont know what I would do without it Ax. Good in summer for hauling arounf mulch, topsoil, rock, fencing supplies you name it. In winter handy for moving snow and firewood. Havent had enough to have to use it on snow this year but it has hauled a few loads of wood the last couple of weeks from the woods to the splitting pile.

Tractor tills the gardens every spring, cuts the back field and brush with bush-hog, grades the driveway, yanks out shrubs etc. All in all I get a lot of use out of it, want to get a grading blade for the rear three-point hitch would speed up grading and snow removal jobs considerably.

axhandle December 20, 2010 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Christmas Greetings:
Uncle brought this back from Okinawa-A.F.-c.1956.Carved ivory, but my gesture is--look it up, "each will find themselves, and maybe more than once"

"Seven Gods of Good Fortune"--

axhandle December 20, 2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 677791)
John Deere frontloader, dont know what I would do without it Ax. Good in summer for hauling arounf mulch, topsoil, rock, fencing supplies you name it. In winter handy for moving snow and firewood. Havent had enough to have to use it on snow this year but it has hauled a few loads of wood the last couple of weeks from the woods to the splitting pile.

Tractor tills the gardens every spring, cuts the back field and brush with bush-hog, grades the driveway, yanks out shrubs etc. All in all I get a lot of use out of it, want to get a grading blade for the rear three-point hitch would speed up grading and snow removal jobs considerably.

JD --is good stuff--as long as the management doesn't get overwhelmed by quanity "In Lieu" of Quality--we are >O.K.

Got to get my IHC Scout going again--'75 model--'get the wheels on a tree, and it will climb it'--

axhandle December 20, 2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 677795)
Christmas Greetings:
Uncle brought this back from Okinawa-A.F.-c.1956.Carved ivory, but my gesture is--look it up, "each will find themselves, and maybe more than once"

"Seven Gods of Good Fortune"--

About now, some say --"What does this have to do with anything!?"

The 7 docked their Treasure Ship in villages,and distributed (The Ox Cart)same to all the people, especially the kids and old folks,--they left Broke.

Garlicluvr December 20, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 677807)
JD --is good stuff--as long as the management doesn't get overwhelmed by quanity "In Lieu" of Quality--we are >O.K.

Got to get my IHC Scout going again--'75 model--'get the wheels on a tree, and it will climb it'--

Ax: I love those old scouts and early jeep willy's tough vehicles.