IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

skiracer December 24, 2010 10:54 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Ax,
Speaking of shotguns take a look at this video on You Tube. You're going to love this weapon. This is some serious firepower. not sure if it is available commercially or just for the military. i want one of these babies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

darwinslair December 24, 2010 11:19 AM

Damn. That would be fun to mess around with at the Sporting Clays range.

Tom

skiracer December 24, 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darwinslair (Post 680493)
Damn. That would be fun to mess around with at the Sporting Clays range.

Tom

Or if the crap ever really does hit the fan and anyone tries to come onto your property to take anything you have and they dont. some serious firepower but still doesnt beat my fav, a 50 cal. sitting on a tripode.

axhandle December 24, 2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 680485)
Ax,
Speaking of shotguns take a look at this video on You Tube. You're going to love this weapon. This is some serious firepower. not sure if it is available commercially or just for the military. i want one of these babies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Heavy stuff!--full auto--350 rpm-drum mag-got to have one--:)

skiracer December 24, 2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 680572)
Heavy stuff!--full auto--350 rpm-drum mag-got to have one--:)

i thought it was real cute!

darwinslair December 25, 2010 12:40 PM

I would not mind having a couple of cases of those grenade rounds stashed. <laughing> I would take that over a big 50. For how far I can shoot, my 308 is as much as I need.

Tom

skiracer December 25, 2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darwinslair (Post 680899)
I would not mind having a couple of cases of those grenade rounds stashed. <laughing> I would take that over a big 50. For how far I can shoot, my 308 is as much as I need.

Tom

Tom,
are those grenade rounds the sweetest little things you ever saw? little baby rockets.

axhandle December 27, 2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 680931)
Tom,
are those grenade rounds the sweetest little things you ever saw? little baby rockets.

One of the darndest things of WWII--Italian "Red Devils".

skiracer December 27, 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 681567)
One of the darndest things of WWII--Italian "Red Devils".

never heard of them Ax. what were they?

axhandle December 27, 2010 08:59 AM

Und, Wo ist Ajla?

Ich hoffe Sie --eine Gutte Freizeit--hast bin begabben.

Schnitzels?, Brot, und Gemutilichkeit--zu Ihnnen---Ax.

axhandle December 27, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 681573)
never heard of them Ax. what were they?

Mortor rounds --apparently deadly on both sides of the tube--I think the Italian mortermen named them because they had a propensity to explode in the tube as well as causing great damage when they hit.

w8in4dave December 27, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 681579)
Und, Wo ist Ajla?

Ich hoffe Sie --eine Gutte Freizeit--hast bin begabben.

Schnitzels?, Brot, und Gemutilichkeit--zu Ihnnen---Ax.

Bless you :D

axhandle December 27, 2010 09:16 AM

Well, Dave --and how are you Faring?

The past two days reminded me Wyoming and my good Friend, snow on a tin roof, mule deer and bear running everywhere--glad to see the snow --I guess--

He and Family is probably in Arizona now for the winter, called me last year --"Hey ,!!You got to come out and visit me"--What do you think?--chuckle--big toss up--:)

w8in4dave December 27, 2010 09:20 AM

If I am ever in your area believe me I will come visit you Ax... I am thinking maby just maby I may go to Texas to visit my sister this summer ... They may come to see me tho.. So not sure which one will happen :D

axhandle December 27, 2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 681594)
If I am ever in your area believe me I will come visit you Ax... I am thinking maby just maby I may go to Texas to visit my sister this summer ... They may come to see me tho.. So not sure which one will happen :D

"Jes 'Gimme a weeks notice--'Missus and I will serve up breakfast, dinner or supper, at your call.(Maybe go "Jukin"--?)

Southern Hospitality ---"Elegance in adversity"--"We set a Table, and don't 'Yall Ferget It"---:)

axhandle December 27, 2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 681594)

O.K ,Dave --Under one condition--You have to watch--"Paris, Texas"

Basic Training--:)

w8in4dave December 27, 2010 12:00 PM

Is that a movie?? Or I have to watch out driving thru it??? And I love to go Junking :D

axhandle December 27, 2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 681702)
Is that a movie?? Or I have to watch out driving thru it??? And I love to go Junking :D

Both, maybe all three--what the heck --come on down--:D

axhandle December 27, 2010 05:39 PM

Hope you snowed in guys are well, all ours is gone big half inch on the ground--would have had about 3 inches but--Sunny South---

Down to 17F tonight.

axhandle December 28, 2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 681702)

Dave--Paris ,Texas is an obscure movie(one of my favorites) German/French production:

Travis--Harry Dean Stanton
Nastassia Kinski
Dean Stockwell

Music--Ry Cooder.

It's set in Texas and tells the tale of a relationship that went wrong, and a child (Hunter) who is reunited with Travis , after Travis is decimated and wanders in the desert and elsewhere for four years.

I only brought it up because most of it at the beginning is filmed "Big Sky'"--wide expanse style --such as the expanse of Texas is.--Good basic training;):)

Driving across Texas leads to Melancholia--:)

w8in4dave December 28, 2010 08:33 AM

I will have to check that out Ax, We don't pay for cable up here because we are only here once a month. So we have a dvd player and of course our TRUSTY dhs :D ..So we go to the local Family video and rent movies. Mostly are older movies that you rent for a dollar for 4 days ..Can't beat that ...I don't like to rent the newer ones, all the hype makes them better than they really are, so I w8 till they are older.. True test there :D

skiracer December 28, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 682101)
I will have to check that out Ax, We don't pay for cable up here because we are only here once a month. So we have a dvd player and of course our TRUSTY dhs :D ..So we go to the local Family video and rent movies. Mostly are older movies that you rent for a dollar for 4 days ..Can't beat that ...I don't like to rent the newer ones, all the hype makes them better than they really are, so I w8 till they are older.. True test there :D

thats a very dark movie dave.

w8in4dave December 28, 2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 682122)

Dark?? Hmmm sad ?? Or .. what do you mean Dark??

axhandle December 28, 2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 682101)

Probably chances are 'Nil picking it up on perchance.(media 'O 'Tha Day)
German/French production--very deep movie, have a copy --one of my favorites--Mans Triumph in the Face of Adversity

axhandle December 28, 2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Ski has Dark and Deep reversed--

axhandle December 28, 2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 682129)
Dark?? Hmmm sad ?? Or .. what do you mean Dark??

Movie is --"All of the above"

skiracer December 28, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 682136)
Ski has Dark and Deep reversed--

i guess i meant more sad and kind of depressing.

axhandle December 28, 2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Ski--don't you see Travis as a Legionaaire,a product of '68, a victum of Society that wanders about for four years trying to figure out things--thence--comes back and makes everything right ,in terms of child and mother?--only to disappear again--I 'Oft wonder where Travis went.?

axhandle December 28, 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 682140)
i guess i meant more sad and kind of depressing.

Can Be, Could be--Guess Navigating Triple Canopy Jungles--lost half the time--" 'Sorta got me Acclimatized" to most everything Life throws at one--:)

skiracer December 28, 2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 682149)
Ski--don't you see Travis as a Legionaaire,a product of '68, a victum of Society that wanders about for four years trying to figure out things--thence--comes back and makes everything right ,in terms of child and mother?--only to disappear again--I 'Oft wonder where Travis went.?

Ax,
I do see travis as that and as someone struggling with his those demons within himself. but, and i dont remember it that clearly though, what brought about those demons. i know he was struggling with the age difference and his own jealousy issues with her. but once he reunited the child with his mother why did he leave again. the movie leads you to think that they will all get back together and live happily ever after but they dont. it never gives an explanation as to why he leaves again and what happens to him. i guess thats where "dark" came from in my mind. i could only think that he still had those unresolved issues in his head. something was going on but we never get the answer.