IDigMyGarden™ Forums

IDigMyGarden™ Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Faces of IDIG...Show yourself! (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5199)

johno December 10, 2007 10:37 PM

Re: The Faces of IDIG...Show yourself!

In '76, I was 10.

Hairy Moose Knuckles December 10, 2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johno (Post 70843)
In '76, I was 10.

In 76, I was 12.:D I don't feel Old...Well sometimes maybe:D

johno December 10, 2007 11:38 PM

Didn't we still have M-80's back then? I seem to remember thunderous sounds on the 4th that year...

mrtomatoexpres December 11, 2007 12:23 AM

oh ya block busters, bottle rockets, 8,6,4 oz rockets, silver jets, wistleling jupitors, matts, wistleling chasers, flying disc, airel bombs, ash cans,roman candles,buzz bombs,colorful cakes

Lavandula Girl December 11, 2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johno (Post 70843)
In '76, I was 10.

Johno! I can tell you were a philosophy major when you do math like this! If I was born in '67, so was therefore 9 in '76, and you are younger than me now, how did you manage to be older than me then? :p Geez, I was an English major, and I figured this one out... must have been all the dates I needed for my history minor.

Just messing with you! You know I love you! ;)

winter_unfazed December 11, 2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locavore (Post 70788)
Awesome! Now, do we get to see HOD? (or did he already post, and I missed it?)

He looks just the way you'd expect him to look.

louanne December 11, 2007 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OKAY....now for reality....( though I rather liked going back to 76 there for a bit.....
this is me....today....literally....LOL
Idid DUN's in front of the shower curtain thing....
figured it was a good day...have a garden club party to go to!

bunkie December 11, 2007 11:26 AM

beautiful louanne!:O)

in 76...ahhh...i forget how old i was...let's see, we just pulled out of nam the year before...it was a good year!:O) 27?!

dirtundernails December 11, 2007 11:27 AM

You look nice! Have a good time!

johno December 11, 2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavandula Girl (Post 70879)
Johno! I can tell you were a philosophy major when you do math like this! If I was born in '67, so was therefore 9 in '76, and you are younger than me now, how did you manage to be older than me then? :p Geez, I was an English major, and I figured this one out... must have been all the dates I needed for my history minor.

Just messing with you! You know I love you! ;)

So true, so true... math is not my strong point... I was 8:o

cornishwoman December 11, 2007 11:59 AM

Bunkie then your one year older than me in 76 I was 26,and scared to death as I had just been drafted to Belfast for a years tour in an army sickbay.

cottagequeen December 15, 2007 12:15 PM

Hi all
Growing up in West KY, we often went to my grandparents farm in SEMO. My dad, uncles, and grandpa would butcher hogs and steers, and we all pitched in on the processing! Many a time I helped make sausage and crank the stuffer! What memories! Grandma always had beautiful flower gardens as well as all kinds of vegies and fruit! Sad to say, that farm no longer exists. After my grandparents passed on, a tornado passed thru and destroyed many of the buildings, then my dad and uncles sold the land. My one uncle still lives on his farm nearby. Anyway, as years have past, my interest in gardening has grown, especially in heirlooms and antiques. Transplanting to OH, I live in a small town in a small house with a small yard. So, have been wanting to learn about intensive gardening, cottage gardening and companion planting. I am divorced, mother to a wonderful STB 21 y/o son. Who recently made me a MIL. My son, suprised me a few yrs back. I had grown zuc's, crookneck, and tom's that year. One eve for supper, I cooked some together. He never ate any when I had made from store bought in the past, so wasn't expecting him to this time. Well, he getss a big spoonful an his plate, and says you grew it didn't you! They live in town, and have a smaller yard than I, but have planted tom's and pepper's. Hopefully another generaton of heirloom gardeners! Well, getting windy. Have 2 cats, but thats a story for our pets thread! will try to post a pic, as soon as I figure out how. have to reread prev postings
Happy gardening!

cottagequeen December 15, 2007 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok this is a pic from my son's wedding. most recent pic of me.

bunkie December 15, 2007 01:11 PM

welcome cottagequeen! nice pics. so glad you're kid loves homegrown food!:O)

i'm older than you cw?! i'm always older dang it!:O)

cornishwoman December 15, 2007 01:16 PM

tis only a year girl,Im so tired I feel like 100 today....:):):)

cornishwoman December 15, 2007 01:18 PM

hello to you cottagequeen,and welcome.:)

cottagequeen December 15, 2007 01:25 PM

Thanks looking forward to learning lots!

mrtomatoexpres December 16, 2007 02:55 AM

hello from BROOKLYN,NY so which one are you.:)

Butterflylover December 18, 2007 02:36 PM

[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...erry63/mom.jpg[/IMG]

Butterflylover December 18, 2007 02:38 PM

OH MY GOSH :eek: i didn't know it was going to come out this big how do i fix it? :confused:

Locavore December 18, 2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflylover (Post 72246)
OH MY GOSH :eek: i didn't know it was going to come out this big how do i fix it? :confused:

No need to fix it; the tiny pictures are driving me nuts!

Blanesgarden December 18, 2007 07:17 PM

Thats right! We got ya right where we want ya......he-he-he, Thanks!:D

bluelacedredhead December 19, 2007 10:03 AM

Locavore, you can click on those tiny (thumbnail) pics, open the popup window to full screen size and the little pic becomes much larger ;)

Locavore December 19, 2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluelacedredhead (Post 72398)
Locavore, you can click on those tiny (thumbnail) pics, open the popup window to full screen size and the little pic becomes much larger ;)

yeah, most of them work, but a few don't pop up. Something with the download. And then some of them are small digital sources, so even when they pop up they're small. Not very many of these, so for the most part I can see all of you!

louanne December 25, 2007 07:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic from today....( hoping the one my son's camera holds is a tad better...but I think its kinda fun when shots are posed yet candid....LOL...
and I found out today....my oldest son( the one with his eyes closed) and his girl standing next to him...are promised with a ring and everything....:eek:

Blanesgarden December 25, 2007 08:14 PM

Louanne, very nice pic....and what a very beautiful family! Thanks and cant wait to see more!:D

heather_gardens December 25, 2007 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know I'm new, but I wanted to share a picture, too!

Blanesgarden December 25, 2007 08:42 PM

Welcome ...Heather....great pic! Hang in here with us, Ill try to give ya more carrot info later, but you might have it down-pat..in no time!:D

heather_gardens December 25, 2007 08:45 PM

Thanks! I can't wait to use your advice come Spring. I'm sure I'll be starting some seeds indoors, also.

fawnmeadow December 26, 2007 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got Blue's permission a long time ago to post this picture and only now getting to do it. You already know what she looks like!